Rates, regulations and “behind the meter” research on how the public views resources are all part of our Utilities practice.
Our work for utilities includes:
- Rate case messaging
- Regulator testimony and briefing preparation
- Media relations
- Billing statement design
- Conservation campaign
- Ratepayer research
- Efficiency program marketing
Current and Past Clients:
- Austin Energy
- City of Cedar Park Utilities
- Electric Reliability Counsel of Texas (ERCOT)
- Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative
- Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA)
- Oklahoma Natural Gas
- Pedernales Electric
- Texas Gas Service
For municipally owned utilities, responsibility and transparency are the foundation of customer trust.
In 2013, Lubbock Power & Light (LP&L) felt that foundation start to crack when customer frustration over rate increases, billing mistakes and perceptions of disinterest on the part of the utility reached an all-time high. Citizens took swift action; they created an “I hate LP&L” Facebook page, picketed in front of their office, and called for a boycott of the utility.
The crack had turned into a chasm.